10 SEO Tips For Website Designers
10 SEO Factors For Website Designers
In no particular order here are 10 of the most important SEO factors that Website Designers need to remember.
- Use external stylesheets and CSS in order to make pages quick to load, and to add additional features and layout possibilities.
- Use Alt tags to properly describe images. With a bit of consideration, you might be able to utilise a keyword or two in your image descriptions.
- Remember to give images proper useful names that describe what the image is. People who use Screenreaders won't know what img001.jpg is for example.
- Don't use images for navigation as search engines don't read images. For that reason, make sure all copy is text and not images.
- Make good use of the H1 and H2 tags to highlight the most important text on the page.
- Don't make your site all in Flash. Flash is not yet fully indexable, and so content won't be able to be read properly by the Search Engines and won't be found in the results pages.
- Make the site easy to navigate, so that visitors can find what they are looking for quickly and easily.
- Make good use of the space on the screen, so that there is plenty of room for lots of relevant content.
- Don't have too much information below the fold. You'll want to make sure that the most important information is read first.
- Multimedia and other interactive features should be a user choice, not forced on them, so allow users to decide whether they watch your video or sideshow. You don't want to lose visitors before they've had chance to read the content.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today, and tell us how we can help you.
Follow us on Twitter, @SouthportSEO
Ask us the questions that you want answering.